Alright, ya’ll I’m back, what’s going on everyone!? Super excited to be here. I have just finished my course this year and I had 10 weeks worth of work crammed into 6 so as you can probably imagine I had a lot of homework to do. I do apologize for keeping you guys hanging, but I am on holidays now and it is good to be back posting hardcore. Also, I made sure I was back in plenty of time for Christmas (; Anyway, let’s not muck about and get into today’s topic. Today, we are talking about something everyone loves, chicken wings!
Now I know we all love our hot wings. In fact, I noticed that most of the recipes out there were either hot wings consisting of sriracha, or they were buffalo wings. Why are they called buffalo wings? I have no idea if anyone knows the answer to that question, comment down below.
Now although I do not like to over complicate things, I do like to think outside the box. So I decided to flavour my wings with both a spice rub and a glaze. The reason for this is so that the wings will not only have a sexual flavour, but also a crispy element. So we are talking both texture and flavour. Also, the idea of the glaze was to have a balance, So the ingredients in the glaze consist of honey, mustard, soy sauce and lemon. Which means you got the sweetness, hotness, saltiness and sourness. So there are quite a few elements that make this recipe work out really well.
So anyway guys like I said I apologize for not posting in a while but I hope you can understand. As always if you liked this recipe and wish to stay updated feel free to subscribe and/or follow my social media. I wish you all a wonderful week and I shall see you all again soon.
Spicy honey soy mustard chicken wings
Sticky, flavoursome and dang tasty chicken wings. The best movie food ever!
- 1.2 kg chicken wings separated if need be
- 2 spring onions chopped for garnish optional
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds for garnish optional
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- The juice from half a lemon
- Pre-heat your oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Add all of the ingredients for the rub into a bowl a mix through. Add your chicken wings and then coat each piece of chicken with the rub.
- Place the chicken onto a lined baking tray (make sure the shake the excess rub off of the chicken before you place on the baking tray). Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes turning the chicken over halfway through the cooking process.
- Once the chicken wings are done, put all of the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl, then whisk together.
Toss the wings in the glaze evenly coating each chicken wing, then serve in a bowl. Lastly, top with sesame seeds and spring onions for garnish
- These chicken wings are a perfect appetizer or side. However, they are also perfect for movie night and/or game night.