So, you want to make a drink to celebrate the new Spiderman movie? Or, just make an awesome themed drink? Well, you don’t need to look any further becuase this layered Spiderman cocktail will definitely do the trick! It’s super easy to prepare and you can make it in any type of glass or cup.
In order to make a super awesome Spiderman cocktail, we first need to find out how to make the layers work. Otherwise the whole red and blue cocktail idea will not work.
And with this particular drink, the red layer will be on the bottom, and the blue layer will be on top. And it’s important that we make it like this, here’s why.
So How Do We Create The Layers In This Cocktail?
There a 3 key factors to keep in mind when making a layered cocktail:
- The heaviest layer should be at the bottom and lightest layer should be on top. What makes one layer heavier then other layers you ask? It’s the sugar content in the drink. And the grenadine has much more sugar content than the blue curacao mixed with lime and water.
- Pour the each layer in slowly! If you pour the other layers in too fast, everything will just mix together and you will not get those lovely layers.
- I also use plenty of ice. The ice makes the layers pour into the drink even slower. I find that it also helps ensure that those layers stay in their place for a longer period of time.
Is There A Simple Way To Make My Own Grenadine?
You bet your sweet behind there is! I did not go and buy grenadine because I know it’s not something I would use later on, so it would be a complete waste. However, I knew that pomegranate juice is something that would not be wasted, so I used it to make my own grenadine.
It’s very simple, add equal amounts of pomegranate juice and sugar to a pot. For example, 50g of sugar and 50ml of pomegranate juice. Next, heat pomegranate juice in a pot and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Now keep in mind that I said heat the pomegranate juice, there is no need to boil or simmer it. In fact, I advise that you avoid boiling the mixture because we aren’t looking to reduce it.
I also added a drop or 2 of red food colouring just to emphasize the red colour, but this is optional. And that is it! Make sure you let the syrup cool down before using it. It recommend keeping it in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
Should I mix the cocktail once it’s served?
You could! I mean, at the end of the day the red and blue layers are only for the theme. Or you could serve the drink with a straw, but let everyone know to be careful not to drink this cocktail right from the bottom of the drink where all the grenadine is, because it will just be insanely sweet. Remember, grenadine is a syrup.
You want to to have the straw where the blue curacao, vodka and grenadine meet, so you can taste a bit of everything. Rather then experiencing the layers separately.
So What Is The Best Way To Scoop A Ball Of Watermelon?
Ahhh yes, the garnish, and there are 2 very simple and easy ways to go about doing this. One way is to scoop out a ball using a ball spoon.
Now, it’s important to know that the ball spoon will only scoop half a ball, not a full circle of watermelon. So the trick is to scoop out 2 half balls of water melon, then we bind them together. And then you just stick a tooth pick through both of them. After that, you leave the garnish in the freezer to solidify. If this is confusing you, the visuals below will make this much easier to understand.
Now, you may not have one of these spoons, and although they are cheap to buy, you may not want to buy one because you don’t think you’ll use it again in the future. So if you don’t want to do this, you can simple cut the watermelon into small cubes, stick a tooth pic through them and put them in the freezer.
Thank you so much for checking out this recipe! If you want to subscribe to my blog, feel free to do so. If you make this recipe and you like it, I ask that you give it a star rating in the recipe box below.
hope you have an incredible day!!
Layered Spiderman Cocktail
A red and blue cocktail to celebrate the new spiderman movie!!
- 1 oz. of blue Curacao
- 1 oz. of lime juice
- 2 oz. of water
- 1 oz. of grenadine
- Plenty of crushed ice
- 1½ oz. of vodka
- Fake Spider webs for a themed garnish (optional)
Put a tall glass in the freezer for about a minute or 2.
While the glass is chilling, take a ball spoon, scoop out 2 half balls of watermelon. Place the 2 half balls together to make 1 ball of watermelon, then stick a toothpick through them and place in the freezer. Or you cut just cut the water melon into small cubes, stick a toothpic through them and place in the freezer.
Mix the blue Curacao, lime juice and water together in another glass or a ramekin.
Once your tall glass is nice and chilled, take it out of the freezer and then add your grenadine.
- Fill the glass all the way up with your crushed ice.
- Add the vodka very slowly.
Add the blue Curacao mixture very slowly.
Garnish with the watermelon and then serve with a straw.
- Make sure you fill the glass right to the top with ice, and pour the layers in the glass very slow.
- If you want to make your own grenadine, heat equal parts cranberry juice to sugar in a small pot or pan. and mix together until the sugar is evaporated.
- When you drink the cocktail with the straw, don't drink it straight from the bottom of the glass where all the grenadine is. Drink it from where the grenadine, vodka and blue Curacao mixture meet up.
- If you don't have a ball spoon, just cut the watermelon into small cubes.
If you liked this themed cocktail, then you may also like this White Walker Cocktail too!!