The name is Bond………James Bond. So I was thinking about what cocktail to make next, I then thought about James Bond, and the Martini. But I am not going with the classic Gin version. I am making a Wet Vodka Martini.
So there are four different kinds vodka Martinis. There is the classic vodka Martini, the dry Vodka Martini, the dirty vodka Martini and the wet vodka Martini. I went for the wet vodka martini because I really like the balance of the Vermouth and the vodka. All of them are wonderful in their own way. Just a brief explanation for the vodka Martinis to bust some knowledge on all of you and to give you the freedom to experiment to maybe even help make your own vodka Martini.
- Classic vodka Martini: 5 parts vodka to 1 part dry vermouth.
- Dry vodka Martini: Same amount of vodka with the slightest tinge of the dry vermouth just to get the smell and aroma of it.
- Wet vodka Martini: Half the amount of vermouth to vodka.
- Dirty Vodka martini: Mixing the flavour of either a wet, dry or classic vodka Martini with a couple of muddled olives.
Wet Vodka Martini: (makes 2)
- 4 oz Vodka
- 2 oz vermouth
- 6 pimento stuffed olives
- 1½ cups of ice
- 2 toothpicks
- Stab through the 3 olives with a toothpick or small skewer and set aside.
- Fill your martini or wine glasses with ice.
- Add the vodka and vermouth in a cup or glass, then fill the glass with ice. Grab a spoon and gently stir and ice and Martini mixture (in a circular motion) for about half a minute.
- Dump the ice from your martini/wine glasses and then strain in the martini mixture into them. Garnish with the tooth picked olives and then serve.