I imagine that the majority of the people viewing this pink strawberry Madeleine recipe will be women. But to any men reading this, let me just tell you something I have noticed as a cook. Many women find it super sexy when men can cook for them. If any of you ladies agree or disagree leave it in the comments below, who knows, maybe it will help get more males in the kitchen baking Madeleines for you 😉 and to any guys reading this. If you make this for your valentine with a strawberry cocktail, I guarantee that you will look like a superstar to your lady friend.
I was super happy how these turned out, not just because of how they looked, but also because they were the right texture inside. I was worried that they would either be too dry or possibly shrink in the middle. Plus, I think a good Madeleine is great for valentine’s day due to its delicate dainty nature.
If you do not have a Madeleine mould tray, then you could also use little dariole moulds (not the plastic ones) or you could use a mini muffin tray. Just make sure you have a good look to see that you have cooked those cakes all the way through at the end.
Thank you for reading this post, have a wonderful valentines day. Feel free to subscribe to stay updated for new recipes. If you make these Madeleines, let me know how you went (:
Valentines Strawberry Madeleine
These strawberry madeleines are a beautiful dainty valentines day treat.
- 125 g of plain flour
- A bit of extra flour for flouring your Madeline moulds
- 140 g of unsalted butter
- 125 g of caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 125 g of strawberries half of them diced nice and small
- Pink food coloring optional
- Icing sugar for dusting at the end
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, turn the heat off and leave to cool.
- Place the other half of your strawberries that you haven't diced in a blender and blend until you get a puree.
- Grease the Madeline moulds with butter, then use the extra flour to lightly flour the moulds and then shake and tap off the excess.
- In a large bowl, beat your eggs and sugar until the mixture has gone pale and smooth (you can use an electric mixer if you have one). Sift in the flour and baking powder, add your vanilla extract then mix through with a wooden spoon or spatula. Finally, add the chopped and pureed strawberries, and then if you want, you can add just a drop of pink food colouring to elevate that pink colour, then mix through.
- Slowly start adding the melted butter a bit at a time mixing through on each occasion until all of the butter is incorporated.
- Carefully fill the Madeline moulds to the top and bake in the oven for about 15-18 minutes until cooked through. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR!
- Gently remove the Madeleines from the moulds a let them cool for a few minutes. Sift some icing sugar over the top before serving them to your valentine.
- If you don't have madeleine moulds, then use a mini muffin tray.