Hello everyone! I’m super excited, I have another video out for a super deliciously fruity punch for anyone who is thinking of having a new years party, or any party for that matter. Now I will say first off, that it did take a bit of adding and subtracting in terms of balancing the ingredients. However I have never seen punch as a standard recipe. There may be a few guidelines to start you off, but at the end of the day, your palate may not agree with mine. So just keep that in mind if you wan’t to adjust up the measurements a bit to make the cocktail more sour, sweet, strong, weak etc. That is totally fine.
I think that the vodka and watermelon mixture works really well, along with a mixture of the sour, sweet and other strong flavors. Now you may have already noticed that I have used frozen berries instead of fresh. The reason I like doing this is because the frozen berries acts a bit like ice, except when it dilutes the drink, it releases flavor instead of just water. So they do more than just garnish the punch.
The last thing i’ll mention is that the best way about go about preparing this recipe or any punch for a party, is to get all of the ingredients ready beforehand, but then make the punch once everyone shows up as it should only take you 2 minutes at the most. I have been to a number of parties or events where the punch has been made way in advance, and you don’t get to experience it at it’s best. So keep that in mind.
Thank you all for the time you spent on this post. Feel free to comment on this post and subscribe to the blog. Best wishes to all of you and have a happy new year!
New years fruity punch
- 200 mls lemon juice
- 250 mls of Cointreau
- 400 mls of raspberry vodka
- 700 g of diced watermelon
- 300 mls of apple juice
- A shot of Chambord black raspberry liqueur
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 250 mls of frozen berries
- At least 2 big handfuls of ice
- Put the watermelon in a blender and blend until liquefied, then strain through a sieve to catch the seeds and the pulp, so your just left with the juice.
- Put the first 5 ingredients in a large glass bowl.
- Spank your mint to release some of it's fragrance then add to the bowl, break in your cinnamon stick, add your frozen berries and add your ice.
- Finally, gently pour in your black raspberry liqueur for a final touch.
Link to my YouTube channel: