Hey there everyone. Apologies for taking a bit longer to upload this post, I needed to make some adjustments to these homemade flatbreads till I was satisfied with the recipe. If any of you are thinking “ain’t nobody got time to make their own bread”. Well, these flatbreads don’t take long at all and they taste great! Plus they are a nice change from those store bought wraps. Great to serve as pizza’s, kebabs, toasted sandwiches, quesadillas….you get the idea.
The self-raising flour basically acts as the “cheat” of this dish, obviously because that is what makes the bread slightly rise when being toasted. Don’t get me wrong, the yeast method will always be better, but this is all about being quick and easy. Besides, I have been looking into making my own proper homemade bread recipe in the future so that should be something special.
Anyway, what is your favourite way of preparing flatbreads? Perhaps that is something you can leave in the comments for people to read and get ideas from.
And of course, if you have any other suggestions or if there is a recipe you would like to see uploaded on this blog, feel free to leave them in the comments below as well. Thank you very much for stopping by, really hope you enjoyed. As always, have an awesome day!
Quick and simple homemade flatbreads. Great for pizzas, wraps, kebabs etc.
- 255 g of self raising flour and extra for dusting
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 235 g of natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of dried herbs of your choosing
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- A generous pinch of salt
- Put all of the measured out ingredients in a large bowl.
- Start mixing together with a spoon or spatula.
- Once it starts to come together as a dough, pour the mixture out on a flat, clean surface.
- Use your clean hands to push all the rough bits of dough together.
- Start kneading for a few minutes until you end up with a nice, smooth, pliable dough. If the dough is too wet/sticky, add some more flour and if the dough is too dry, add a splash water.
- Cut the dough into 6 even pieces, then roll into balls.
- Lightly dust your surface with more flour, then roll out each dough ball a few millimeters thick. Remember to keep dusting with flour whenever the dough starts sticking to the surface, or your rolling pin.
- Pre-heat a preferably non-stick frying pan on medium heat (you can add a light touch of oil if it isn't a non-stick pan). Toast the bread for 1-2 minutes on each side till browned and cooked through. Make sure you keep an eye on them and control your heat so they don't burn.
- Serve as a wrap, make a pizza, as a side or any other way you wish.
- These flatbreads are fantastic for making pizzas!
You may also like this bagel burger recipe.