Wow, I have been blogging for nearly 2 years and not 1 cookie recipe in sight. I can’t even fathom that. I suppose it’s because I see so many cookie recipes out there, and I spend a lot of time trying to be original. Never the less, I still believe that as a food blogger, a cookie recipe needs to be done at some point. And I think that there are so many cookie recipes because people love baking them so much, and who wouldn’t right? So here we are. These peanut butter & jam cookies are straightforward, no messing about, classic combo, quick to make……You get the gist.
Now I know I know, this post took longer to publish than usual. Why you ask? Well, it is partly because I have been finishing off work for my studies. But the main reason is that the cookies completely failed on me the first time I tried baking them. Something you should know about me, I am a much better cook then I am a baker. The first time I took the cookies out of the oven, they looked amazing and I got super excited. And then…….the disappointing moment of truth. I went to pick one up, and it just completely crumbled to dust in my hand. In fact, I failed 3 times before I figured out how to do these cookies justice. I know right, out of all the recipes to make, cookies end up being the thing I struggle with the most.
Although it was a frustrating process, it helped me to understand that the error I was making is simple to fix. So it turned out being a positive in the end because I now have the ability to create cookie recipes much more easily.
Sexy chocolate drizzle alert!
My next recipe will be a chicken and leek pie, and it’s going to be frikin delicious! But like I mentioned before guys and girls, assessments are intense at the moment. So that post will also be uploaded a little bit later than usual, but after that, I will be back on schedule. If you guys want to follow me on social media for some bonus food porn, feel free to do so. I hope you guys enjoy the recipe, and I will be posting again soon.
White Chocolate Drizzle Peanut Butter & Jam Cookies
- 50 g of caster sugar
- 150 g of self raising flour
- 50 g of smooth peanut butter softened
- 50 g of butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- At least 40g of raspberry jam
- 100 g of white chocolate
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Use an electric beater or whisk to beat the butter, peanut butter and the sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Crack in your egg and then beat through until well combined.
Add your self-raising flour and vanilla extract, then use a wooden spoon or spatula to gently stir through until you have a well-combined cookie dough.
Line a tray with non-stick baking paper (or a silicone mat if you have one). Roll out 8 even sized balls of the dough and place them on the tray.
- Use your thumb to push a shallow hole in each ball of dough. Then fill each self-raising up with a teaspoon of raspberry jam.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Leave the cookies to cool on a cooling rack to firm up.
- Put your white chocolate in a bowl, then microwave for 20 seconds. Give the chocolate a stir and then microwave for another 20 seconds. Give the chocolate another stir and then repeat one more time to fully melt the chocolate.
- Drizzle that sexy white chocolate over your cookies and then eat them.
- Once the cookies are cooked, let them cool down before picking them up.