Coconut, poppyseed and lemon drizzle muffins
These lemon drizzle muffins remind me of my childhood, my mum is the usually the person who cooks dinner for the family and there is a list of particular dishes she is just awesome at. When it came to desserts, she loves to bake lemon drizzle cake so I decided to make them in a muffin form. I remember this being my favourite cake to lick the bottom of the bowl of when my mum finished the mixture.
This is a light, zesty and fluffy cake which I actually prefer to darker rich cakes (that doesn’t mean I’m not going to make darker rich cakes (; don’t worry). But for now let’s enjoy this tangy goodness.
If you like this post and want to stay updated feel free to subscribe and/or follow my social media.
- 200g of self raising flour
- 2 lemons zested and 1 lemon juiced
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g unsalted butter softened
- 4 eggs
- 200g yogurt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 25g poppy seeds
- 200g icing sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Get a 12 case muffin tray and 2 paper muffin cases for each muffin.
- Cream/beat the butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Add your eggs one at a time beating on each occasion. Next, add your yogurt and beat through.
- Sift in your self raising flour and add your vanilla, poppy seeds, coconut, lemon zest and then gently fold through.
- Get a tablespoon and spoon the mixture your muffin cases about 3 quarters filled.
- Bake your muffins for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are golden on top and cooked through. (you can use a skewer to poke through a muffins and if it comes out clean, the muffins are cooked).
- Whisk the lemon juice and the icing sugar together until there are no lumps and the icing sugar has dissolved. Drizzle the icing over your delicious muffins, also don't forget to picture some sensual music in your mind while your doing it.
- Final and most important step is eat it. (;